The Orthodontics Center of NYC, located on NYC’s Upper East Side, offers straight wire fixed braces. Fixed metal braces have always been a popular option for straightening teeth, due to their effective, cost friendly, and predictable results. This orthodontic treatment is a trusted and reliable method of achieving precise teeth straightening results, and are still widely used for patients for all ages. Fixed traditional braces are an effective treatment for a range of orthodontic problems from crowding or spacing issues to overbites and underbites. We offer a free fixed braces consultation.
- Fixed braces are what most people think of when they think of braces but the times have changed – we even offer clear fixed braces!
- At the Orthodontics Center of NYC we use the most state-of-the-art technology and most contemporary methods – fixed braces are less obtrusive and less noticeable – meaning the train track look is a thing of the past.
- If elected, we use tooth matching clear fixed brackets and a thin wire (most popular fixed braced method at our orthodontic practice).
- We offer “self-ligating fixed braces.” This means the braces essentially have a technology holding a wire into the bracket to ensure that treatment takes the shortest amount of time possible. Self-ligating braces are made from the same materials as traditional braces. However, self-ligating braces do not require the use of elastics, meaning fewer appointments and less friction being placed on the tooth.
- The wires we use are held in place with tiny elastic bands, which can be clear (invisible), silver, gold, or many different colors.
Clear fixed brackets costs a little more but they’re less noticeable because they blend in with your natural tooth color. As a result, these braces are a perfect solution if you want to combine uncompromising teeth straightening potential with a more discreet appearance. This option is frequently elected by both our teen and adult orthodontic patients.
Benefits of fixed braces include:
- Small, low-profile brackets are comfortable to wear
- They are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace if broken
- Durable metal brackets can stand up to an active lifestyle
- Treatments take less time.
Disadvantages of Metal Braces:
- These braces are more visible than clear invisible braces, lingual braces, and Invisalign
- They tend to be a bit less comfortable at first, (but that feeling wears off after a couple of weeks)
Straight wire braces straighten the teeth by using gentle, constant pressure to move teeth into their proper positions slowly, over time. Since straight wire braces are a fixed appliance they work around the clock, including during sleep. The result is a beautiful, healthy, sensational smile and an improved self-image.
The Orthodontics Center of NYC specializes in taking exceptional care of each orthodontic patient. The honor and privilege of caring for our patients comes with the responsibility and dedication from our best in class orthodontists and our staff to adhere to the utmost standards of excellence in orthodontic patient care. As top-rated, best in class orthodontists we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an orthodontic consultation please feel free to contact our Upper East Side (Manhattan, NY) orthodontic practice for a free fixed braces consultation:
Orthodontics Center of NYC
635 Madison Ave, 19th FL, #B
New York, NY 10022