The Orthodontics Center of NYC located on the Upper East Side in Manhattan (New York) offers Damon Braces® for teen and adult orthodontic patients. Damon braces are a modern orthodontic braces option to straighten teeth quickly (as opposed to traditional fixed braces) which utilizes self-ligation. They are a gold standard choice for patients who require more movement of the teeth and for orthodontic patients that want fast results. We offer free Damon Braces® consultation.
- Damon System self-ligating braces are the future in orthodontics. Not only do the braces straighten teeth the system results in enhance facial aesthetics (expanded smile width, improved profile and a more youthful look) without extractions, and without traditional or rapid palate expanders.
- Damon braces are a revolutionary new orthodontic treatment to straighten your teeth much more quickly – and with less pain – than traditional braces.
Regular or standard braces (fixed metal braces, gold braces, lingual braces, hidden braces or invisible clear braces) require metal ties or elastic bands to keep the wires in place. Damon Braces® do not.
Please Note: The Orthodontics Center of NYC also offers Damon Clear®. Damon Clear is another product of the revolutionary Damon System. Using the same tieless brackets and advanced archwires that have placed the Damon System at the cutting edge of orthodontics, Damon Clear also offers the low profile advantage of clear brackets. This way you can move your teeth quickly, comfortably, and without unwanted attention on your appearance.
Damon System self-ligating braces (no elastic ties to hold the archwire in place) are smaller, significantly more comfortable to the lips and cheek, and use a slide mechanism that eliminates the friction. Teeth move faster and require fewer adjustments, fewer visits, shorter appointment times, and shorter total treatment time.
Advantages of Damon Braces® include:
- Damon Braces® move the teeth rapidly because they and utilize high-tech technology. The braces are self-ligating and gently guide the teeth into position instead of using active force.
- Damon Braces® do not have elastic ties making them more visually pleasing than traditional braces.
- Damon Braces® work much faster than traditional braces and may even reduce treatment time.
- They have smaller brackets: the smaller brackets the less noticeable.
- Fewer adjustments are required (fewer visits to our orthodontic practice). Adjustments will be required every 10 to 12 weeks, as opposed to every 6 to 8 weeks with traditional braces.
- Better oral health during treatment. The ligatures associated with traditional braces can accumulate bacteria and plaque if they aren’t cleaned properly. By eliminating this component, the Damon System promotes optimal oral health during treatment.
Damon Braces are best suited for patients aged 13 to 60-plus. If you qualify for standard braces, you can also wear Damon Braces.
Damon System braces are very precise and effective. With Damon braces, we can reduce the need for many of the time-consuming and complicated procedures that are used with traditional braces.
The Orthodontics Center of NYC specializes in taking exceptional care of each orthodontic patient. The honor and privilege of caring for our patients come with the responsibility and dedication from our best in class orthodontists and our staff to adhere to the utmost standards of excellence in orthodontic patient care. As top rated, best in class orthodontists, we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an orthodontic consultation please feel free to contact our Upper East Side (Manhattan, NY) orthodontic practice for a free Damon Braces® consultation:
Orthodontics Center of NYC
635 Madison Ave, 19th FL, #B
New York, NY 10022