Zubad Newaz, DDS
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Society of Head and Neck Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- International Association of Dentomaxillofacial Radiology
- Michigan Dental Association
- Florida Dental Association
- NYU-Lutheran Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Specialty Certificate: Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- University of Florida, Gainesville
Specialty Certificate: Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
D.D.S. Doctor of Dental Surgery
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
B.S. in Brain, Behavior, and Cognitive Science
- Dentist, State of Florida
- Dentist, State of New York
- Certificate, Invisalign Fundamentals
- Implant Dentistry Continuum, Implant Seminars, taught by Dr. Arun Garg
- Henry JI, Newaz ZA, Jerrold LE. Incidental finding of an atypical benign fibro-osseous lesion in the mandible of an
adolescent orthodontic patient. Mod Res Dent. 1(3). MRD.000515. 2018.
- Patel K,Newaz Z, Jerrold L. A Proposition to Modify Commonly Utilized Indices of Treatment Need in Orthodontics. Adv Dent & Oral Health. 2017; 5(4):555666.
- Mohammed W, Barghan S, Newaz Z, Katz J, Nair MK. Denosumab Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaw in a Breast Cancer Patient: A Case Report. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences. 2016; 15(4VII):91-94.
- Newaz ZA, Pannu V, Kennedy J, Barghan S, Kashtwari DN, Nair MK. Imaging findings of intraosseous myofibroma ofthe jaws: A Case Report and Literature Review. Journal of Advances in Radiology and Medical Imaging 1(1):102, 2015.
- Newaz ZA, Barghan S, Katkar R, Bennett J, Nair MK. Incidental findings of skull base abnormalities on cone- beam
computed tomography scans with consultation by maxillofacial radiologists. American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics. 2015 Jan; 147(1):127-31.
- Xu H, Wang L, Newaz Z, Liu M, Xu P, Huang Z, Yin Y, Zheng H. Synthesis and characterization of a pH and enzymesensitive poly-(ethylene glycol)-hyaluronic acid-melphalan prodrug. Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers. 28:527-539, 2013.
- Xu J, Xu H, Newaz Z. Synthesis, characterization and in vitro drug release of melphalan magnetic microspheres. Journal of Nano Research. 22:31:40, 2013.
- Feng K, Hu J, Newaz Z, Ma PX. Growth Factor Delivery on Scaffolds, in: Peter X. Ma (Ed.) Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK. Published September 2014.
- Wang J, Jin X, Ma PX. (Newaz Z acknowledged for contributions in editing.) Dentin-pulp tissue engineering and
regeneration, in: Peter X. Ma (Ed.) Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK. Published September 2014.
EDITORIAL CONTRIBUTIONS IN THE LITERATURE
- The Angle Orthodontist, Reviewer
- European Radiology, Reviewer
- Poster: A case of Vanishing Bone Disease in the mandible of a young male patient 2015, American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Annual Meeting, Indianapolis, IN
- Electronic exhibit: Central hemangioma mimicking malignancy in a young orthodontic patient 2015, American Society of Head and Neck Radiology Conference, Naples, FL
- Osteomyelitis of the jaws and a mucocele in the sphenoid sinus: a case report series 2015
University of Florida College of Dentistry Post-Graduate Grand Rounds
- Poster: Denosumab-related and bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw in breast cancer patients. American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL 2014
- Poster: Incidental findings of skull base abnormalities on cone- beam computed tomography scan. American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Annual Meeting, Beverly Hills, CA 2013
- Clinical performance of various direct pulp-capping agents 2013. University of Michigan School of Dentistry Grand Rounds
- Poster: Regenerating bone and bone marrow using BMP-7 releasing nanofibrous scaffolds 2012.
University of Michigan School of Dentistry Research Day
TEACHING RELATED EXPERIENCE
- NYU-Langone Medical Center Orthodontic Residency-related Teaching Activity 2016-2018*. Orthodontic clinical instruction to pediatric dentistry residents. Cone Beam CT acquisition and interpretation instruction for post-graduate residents.
- University of Florida Radiology Residency-related Teaching Activity 2013-2016. Delivery of lectures of second-year radiology fundamentals course. Supervision of second-year preclinical radiology labs. Clinical supervision of radiology procedures for third and fourth-year students. Radiology interpretation sessions with third and fourth-year students
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Tutor, Physics 125, Science Learning Center 2007-2008. Mentor, Radiology clinic for second-year dental students 2011-2012. Mentor, Foundation clinic for second-year dental students 2012
Instructor, DENT 527, First-year dental anatomy preclinical lab course 2012
The Orthodontics Center of NYC specializes in taking exceptional care of each orthodontic patient. The honor and privilege of caring for our patients comes with the responsibility and dedication from our best in class orthodontists and our staff to adhere to the utmost standards of excellence in orthodontic patient care. As top-rated, best in class orthodontists we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an orthodontic consultation please feel free to contact our Upper East Side (Manhattan, NY) orthodontic practice for a free consultation:
Orthodontics Center of NYC
635 Madison Ave, 19th FL, #B
New York, NY 10022