The Orthodontic Center of NYC, located on the Upper East Side (Manhattan, New York), offers complete pediatric dental and orthodontic care. Frequently referred to as “interceptive dentistry.” Early assessment and treatment can prevent the need for complex orthodontic treatment during your child’s teen years–or later in life. We firmly believe in the importance of early interception orthodontics when it comes to developing healthy oral health habits. Our best in class pediatric dentists and orthodontist know how to make the youngest patients feel safe and comfortable.
- The simple fact is: it’s much easier to direct the movement of a child’s teeth than that of an adult’s.
Pediatric dentistry and orthodontics require a very different approach compared to treating adults. Children are very much involved in their treatment and we will never treat them against their wishes. Our main emphasis is on prevention, however if treatment is required this will be done in a very gentle manner. Myofunction therapy may be employed as a treatment approach when required.
- Crowded, misplaced or blocked-out teeth
- Jaws that protrude or are recessed
- Protruding teeth
- Teeth that meet in an abnormal way or don’t meet at all
- Facial asymmetry (features out of proportion to the rest of the face)
- Inability to comfortably close lips
- Mouth breathing
We can then identify the above and any potential problems and discuss the appropriate time for treatment and time to begin.
Orthodontic treatment can:
- Minimize severe malocclusions (bad bites)
- Improve facial appearance and self-esteem
- Reduce protrusion (buck teeth) to decrease the chance of injury
- Reduce the need for or minimize the number of permanent teeth extracted
- Improve the alignment of the upper to the lower jaw
- Decrease or eliminate adverse habits such as thumb-sucking or tongue thrusting during swallowing as the dental arches are developing, making more room for the tongue
- Make the orthodontic (braces) treatment easier and shorter
- Improve nasal breathing and improve health
- Prevent headache and earache
Orthodontic treatment may involve:
- Expanding appliances to broaden the dental arches and prevent crowding while widening the smile
- Jaw positioning appliances that can help correct your profile and improve the bite
- Myofunctional appliances (habit correction such as thumb-sucking) that assist in the prevention of potential causes of a bad bite
Furthermore, often orthodontic braces are not placed until all the adult teeth have come through. With modern technology, dental issues can be detected early and problems such as cross-bites and large overbites can now be corrected even while some baby teeth are still present.
Orthodontics for Children: Our expert pediatric dentists will work with our orthodontists and can create custom-fitted braces, retainers, clear aligners and other orthodontic appliances to correct teeth misalignment from an early age.
Custom-fitted sports mouth guards for children: These can be worn by kids when they play sports or engage in any activity that involves the risk of dental trauma. A custom-fitted mouthguard is just as important as a helmet and protective padding when it comes to reducing the risk of injury.
The Orthodontics Center of NYC specializes in taking exceptional care of each orthodontic patient. The honor and privilege of caring for our patients come with the responsibility and dedication from our best in class orthodontists and our staff to adhere to the utmost standards of excellence in orthodontic patient care. As top rated, best in class orthodontists we provide highly personalized and comprehensive care. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an orthodontic consultation please feel free to contact our Upper East Side (Manhattan, NY) orthodontic practice for a pediatric orthodontic consultation:
Orthodontics Center of NYC
635 Madison Ave, 19th FL, #B
New York, NY 10022